William Edward, called Billie, Long and Charlotte (Evans) Long, wedding photograph, 1915
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- This photograph of Billie and Charlotte was taken on their wedding day in 1915 at the "farm on Dundas Hwy." as per the writing on the photograph. Billie and Charlotte had two children, William George Evans who was called, "Evans", and Muriel. They also raised their grandson, Robert Wayne Long, when his mother, Emily Mae (Dickson) Evans, 1905-1940, died. Wayne Long lived at the corner of MacDonald and 8th Line (which is now Chartwell Rd.) for 21 years.
The 2nd photograph is of Billie, with young Wayne and his father, Evans taken in about 1944.
- Handwritten in ink on the photograph, "William & Charlotte Long on Farm on Dundas Hwy. 1915".
- Date of Original:
- Personal Name(s):
- William Edward Long, called "Bille", b.1874 in Mount Forest, Ontario, d.1950.
Charlotte (Evans) Long, b.1878, d.June 1947.
William George Evans, b.1905, d.1985.
Muriel, b.February 1909 d.September 1989.
Emily Mae (Dickson) Evans, b.1905 d.1940.
Robert Wayne Long, b.1940-.
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- William Edward, called Billie, Long and Charlotte (Evans) Long, wedding photograph, 1915
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton