Charles E. Foreman
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Taken at Muskogee Indian Territory, before his marriage in 1881 to Alice Lee. Charles' father, John Foreman Jr. lived in Muskogee, Indian Territory, United States for many years. He raised cattle and had an immense windmill for milling wheat and corn, and a cotton gin.
- The parents of Charles were Amanda Mary Oakley, b. October 18, 1831 in Waterdown, Ontario, who married John A. Foreman, Jr. in the town of Oakville, Trafalgar Township on April 29, 1847. They bought land in the Kansas Territory but with the American Civil War imminent, they brought their young family to Oakville in 1861 for safekeeping. Major John A. Foreman Jr. was pensioned for serious wounds received during the war. By 1865, the family was back in Kansas. Amanda and John divorced in 1866 and Amanda died on October 10, 1869.
- Date of Original:
- Personal Name(s):
- Charles E. Forman, b. March 23, 1862 in Trafalgar Township.
Amanda Mary Oakley, b. October 18, 1831 d. October 10, 1869.
John A. Foreman, Jr.
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Charles E. Foreman
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton